The Senior Developer is responsible for providing strategic guidance and technical expertise to our clients, ensuring the successful planning, implementation, and development of their projects. This role requires a combination of strong analytical capabilities, exceptional communication skills, and a proven track record of developing in multiple languages. Must be an authorized worker residing in the United States.
Essential Job Functions
- Plan, code, test, deploy, and troubleshoot new and existing software solutions according to customer requirements.
- Meet regularly with customers and teammates to demonstrate progress, report risks, answer questions, and gather feedback.
- Assist development teammates with project onboarding, technical advice, and troubleshooting as needed.
- Organize work and continually provide up-to-date task status reporting using designated project management tools such as Jira.
- Estimate development time for new features and bugfixes.
- Consult with customers to give technical advice and develop requirements for new features and solutions.
- Respond to customer requests in a timely fashion using company-provided email, phone, and messaging systems.
- Learn new software paradigms, languages, frameworks, and tools as needed to build high-quality solutions according to industry best practices.
- Log hours worked on client tasks each day.
- Maintain all work product, including documentation and source code in cloud-based storage systems such as OneDrive and Bitbucket.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Training & Development
- Follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to learn new software languages, frameworks, and paradigms as necessary.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and teammates.
- Ability to analyze technical situations and make recommendations.
- Ability to fulfill timely commitments and attend appointments on-time and prepared.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, talk, and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision.
- Ability to be reached by phone, messaging, or email during normal business hours.
- Ability to join video calls as necessary with appropriate attire and background environment.
- Working on-site at the Atiba office requires the ability to climb stairs.
- Occasional on-site work at client offices.
- Occasional travel by automobile and air.
Mission Critical Competencies
- Customer-value mindset
- Strong communication (half-geek, half-human)
- Continual learning by doing (versatility)
- Solutions that fit the problem (pragmatism)
- Foster Open Communications and Approachability
- Technical savvy
- Decision quality
- Ability to understand the fundamental technical drivers and communicate the state of a technical situation, providing strategic recommendations to customers and developing their trust.
- Nimble learning and self-development
- Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the organizations’ culture in all actions and words. Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate.
- Proven ability to keep a big picture perspective while dealing with very detailed information.
- Positive and Constructive Attitude
- Problem Solving
Work Environment and Time Requirements
- Climate-controlled office environment or work-from-home
- Flexible 40-hour work week (must be available for scheduled meetings)
- Variations in work volume sometimes require extended working hours
- Occasional on-site visits to customers, possibly requiring out-of-state travel (rare)
- 7+ years experience developing and maintaining applications and environments.
- Competence in multiple software languages, tools, and paradigms across multiple domains (database, server, web browser, mobile, etc.).
- Familiarity and comfort with common Git
- Comfort with the Linux command line environment.
- Successful completion of a drug and background screen
- Experience with the following backend frameworks such as PHP+ Laravel and/or C# + ASP.NET (Core)
- Experience with native mobile development and/or hybrid frameworks such as ReactNative, Flutter, and/or MAUI
- Experience with single-page front-end application frameworks such as Vue, React and/or Angular
- Experience working with databases such as SQL, MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Experience working with business intelligence tools such as Microsoft PowerBI
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux server management
- Familiarity with app management in Google Play and Apple App Store Connect.
- Experience with web server applications such as Apache or Nginx.
- Familiarity with dev environment tools such as Vagrant, Docker, or Laravel Sail.
- Experience with Atlassian tools such as Jira and Bitbucket.
- Familiarity with AWS and/or Azure cloud hosting and cloud native solutions.